In the coming weeks, the Monroe County School District will host five "community engagement sessions" to help shape a long-term strategic plan.
Meetings, all running from 6-7:15 p.m., are scheduled for:
* Tuesday, March 19, at the Marathon Fire Station and hosted by Mike Puto, a former Marathon City Manager.
* Thursday, March 21 at the Poinciana Elementary School cafeteria in Key West and hosted by longtime former Superintendent A.J. "Bookie" Henriquez.
* Monday, April 1, Ministries United, 1417 Overseas Hwy., Marathon and hosted by Louis Gonzalez of Marathon High School's School Advisory Committee.
* Wednesday, April 3, Coral Shores High School media center, Tavernier and hosted by former School Board member Debra Walker.
* Monday, April 8, at the Key Largo Public Library and hosted by Margie Smith, president of the United Way of the Florida Keys.